Spring has almost sprung! Time to say farewell to snow piles, salt stains on the windows, and residue on the exterior walls of your office building. Last blog we discussed spring cleaning and organizing your office interior. Now we have some tips for spring cleaning the exterior of your business for a fresh, clean start to this season of new beginnings.
Time to shake off the winter blues and make a clean start. Consider these tips:
- Squeaky clean windows – Winter storms can leave a nasty residue all over that glass. A trick to cleaning is to clean the screens at this time as well. Then start on the windows outside using warm water and soap first. Then use glass cleaner. Once the gunk is off the outside head indoors to finish the job.
- Gutters – Hire a professional like J. Barrett to clean out all the debris from your gutters. Leaves, twigs and ice chunks may still be lodged in the gutters and will need to be removed.
- Exterior pressure washer – The outside of your business may have gotten covered in salt and dirt from the splash of snowplows and storms this past winter. Whether you need power washing for your entrance way, deck, driveway, patio, or roof, this cost effective method can quickly clean up all that grime.
Just by doing these three simple tasks, your company will look fresh and clean. J. Barrett can help you with these tasks and keep the clean exterior maintained throughout the warmer months.
Now that this dreadfully long, cold winter is coming to a close, it is time to kick off the spring season. Spring means sun and flowers and warm breezes. It is also a chance to do a big spring cleaning of your office. This is a great time to think about hiring a commercial cleaning service either for a one-time cleaning or long-term regular cleaning contract. Depending upon the size of your business and your company’s specific needs, J. Barrett Cleaning can help you and your company get off on the right foot this spring season. Here are some tips that we find helpful in organization and cleanliness.
- Sort, sort, sort – Chances are that your office has lots of papers. Some may need to be filed, others need to be shredded and yet others can be trashed. Now is a good time to sort out all the papers into those three categories and get yourself organized. For the papers that need filing, make sure you follow the system that has been set up for your office. If the system is not working, now may be the time to review a new filing system.
- Take a Supply Inventory – Spring is a perfect time to update supply lists and organize those items in a supply closet or file. Keep a list of items that need to be restocked.
- Computer clean up – When your favorite desktop background starts getting obscured with icons, it’s time to de-clutter your virtual desktop. File away documents that you’ll need again, and send everything else off to the virtual recycle bin.
- General cleaning – After you have organized and restocked your supplies now it is time to clean. Wipe all surfaces down, clean computer monitors, and disinfect all machines with a moist disinfectant cloth. (see next month’s blog on maintaining a germ free work environment).
A professional cleaning company can help you maintain this new organization and cleanliness. Contact J. Barret for a quote and a description of our services. Check out our next blog on exterior spring cleaning for your office.