While there are many green practices worth adopting, switching to green cleaning products is one of those actions that is fairly simple, cost-effective and can make a big impact. What most people don’t always think about is the “why” behind their actions. Let’s take a look at the reasons why green cleaning is good for you and the environment.
- According to National Geographic, only about 30% of the roughly 17,000 chemicals found in household products, including those used for cleaning, have been sufficiently tested for their effects on human health.
- Healthier and safer cleaning products offer natural, non-toxic, and biodegradable alternatives that are just as effective as synthetic chemical cleaners. Fewer rashes, and allergic reactions are reported in green products.
- The use of synthetic cleaners has adverse effects on air and water quality. The disposal of chemical cleaners can also have an adverse effect on land fills and disposal areas.
- Many of the chemicals in household cleaners are harmful not only in their use, but also in their manufacturing process.
- Green cleaning can be cost effective if done properly.